Coarse paste is too damaging for teeth so we developed an in-between.
From our evidence based standpoint, (Dr. Epstein’s 50+ years in teaching and practicing dentistry) coarse paste is bad for your teeth.
Research shows coarse paste
- Thins and scratches enamel
- Which causes teeth to yellow
- Removes the fluoride-rich layer of enamel
- Making teeth more susceptible to decay
We specially formulated Adult Prophy Paste for strong stains that need a little more grit when polishing. It's coarser grit than our standard paste, but far less abrasive than the danger zone of traditional coarse paste.
Our adult paste shares all the other great properties of our loved medium grit paste.
- Tastes great : We were tired off bad recalls and unhappy patients. We worked with ice cream flavor companies to make the best-tasting paste in the world. 250+ 5-star reviews can’t be wrong!
- Fluoride-free : Studies have proven that fluoride uptake is negligible at the polishing stage and thus is an unnecessary ingredient in prophy paste. Many families wish to avoid it and it makes paste more bitter. Using our wonderful fluoride varnish is the proper next step for fluoride treatment.
- Dye-free : Dyes are messy. Dyes alter the consistency of paste. Allergen-conscious families requested to cut it out. We listened.
- Titanium-free : Titanium is used as a bleaching agent to make paste white (before dying the product). It also hardens the paste and makes it sticky, which causes paste to splatter. Titanium also makes paste harder to rinse off. Since we don’t add dyes to our paste, we don’t need to add Titanium.
- Gluten-free & Big 8 Allergen-free : Less means more. Remove more additives and families will thank you.
- Warranty : This product is fully guaranteed against faulty workmanship and materials for 1 year
- Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed or Your Money Back : Not happy? Send it back and we’ll refund your money.